K.E.Y. Zone Program
K.E.Y. Zone provides a safe and supervised environment for youth to receive educational support and participate in enrichment activities. Program goals include fostering enrichment and learning, development of life skills, promoting regular attendance in school, and providing year-round opportunities for fun and adventure through the following activities:
- Creative Arts
- Health and Wellness
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Service Learning Projects
- Homework Help
- Billing options: Full time $176/month*FLEX (2 or 3 days a week/up to 12/month) $126*
- Summer and Full day charge $39 /20 day minimum for Summer program
Register for your UPCOMING 2021-2022 school year by selecting below. Once registered for a program, you can schedule attendance and/or manage your account online.
We are experiencing a staff shortage for the 2021-22 school year
Due to staff ratios and maintaining a safe environment, some school sites presently are not accepting enrollment so are not listed as an enrollment option at this time.
Families can be placed on a waiting list by calling the KEY Zone main office at 218-336-8900 x2 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the program has secured more space and staff, the program will enroll families from the waiting list. Key Zone is certified by the state to provide a safe care environment with guidelines for safety including staff to student ratios.
OUT OF SCHOOL TIME FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
We believe that every child should have the opportunity to succeed. That’s why we offer multiple resources to help families pay for child care expenses. To qualify for financial assistance, you must be currently enrolled or in the process of enrolling at one of our Out of School Time (OST) programs. Financial assistance is designed to help cover expenses based on your family size and gross income per your household. A registration fee is required at the time of enrollment.
It is possible for families to qualify for both St. Louis County and YMCA financial assistance programs. Families must apply for state child care assistance before applying for YMCA Financial Assistance. Please see the information below on both St. Louis Child Care Assistance and YMCA Financial Assistance.
To apply for St Louis Child Care County Assistance, please follow the steps below.
1.Apply on this site for St. Louis County Childcare Assistance
2.If you need help completing the county application, please call: 218-726-2400
3.When you receive your determination letter please contact:
For KEY Zone: Call Mark Connor at 218-336-8900 ext 2 or email@example.com
For Eagle’s Nest or Day Camp Kitchigami: Call Sarah Birkeland at 218-722-4745 ext 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for YMCA Child Care Financial Assistance, please follow the steps below.
- Apply for child care assistance in the county in which you reside
- When you receive your determination letter (whether accepted or denied), you must submit the paperwork with your OST Financial Assistance application.
- You must submit all information listed on the application to be considered. Processing takes a minimum of two weeks. If funds are not available at the time of submission, you will be placed on a waiting list. If you leave the program, you will be removed from the waiting list and may re-apply should you want to enroll at a later date.
If you have more questions about Minnesota’s requirements for Child care assistance, please visit this site: Minnesota Childcare Assistance Tasks